A few snapshots of what I've been up to recently, including trips to London, staying at the Hoxton and a wander around Spitalfields
London draws me in at least one a month and earlier this week I headed down again where I wasn't hopping from one meeting to the next, but instead spending some time with friends and exploring somewhere I hadn't been before. East London often alludes me, but here's a little snapshot of what I got up to with the summer weather on my side.
1. CHECK IN. Hurrah! I stayed at the Hoxton Hotel in Holborn. Dickens illustrations on the wall made for a nice touch. No boring plain walls here.
2. Fancy a drink? As far as a lobby goes this place was pretty damn swanky.
3. When I was younger there was no such thing as a fashionable pair of glasses. Now that I don't need them, someone like Bailey Nelson comes along and has me full of glasses envy.
4. There's plants and then there are these! Does somebody fancy explaining to me how this is happening?
5. An early morning meant that I was in need of a Holborn Grind coffee, right next door to The Hoxton. Go for the flat white.
7. It's breakfast time! A hassle free and healthy breakfast brought straight to your door. Granola, banana and OJ.
8.Old Spitalfields Market was a first for me. The market had loads of bits and bobs, with the homeware stalls being my favourites. There were also some ace menswear stores nearby that you should go in next time you're at Spitalfields: Albam Clothing, Joshua Kane Bespoke and Jigsaw.
9. I couldn't go to London and not squeeze in a quick outfit post. Stripey tees are a menswear staple.
I'm sure it won't be too long before my next trip to the capital. What's your favourite thing to do in London when you have some free time?